Project: Intervention of the Elvas Station Tile Panels
Background: Elvas Train Station
Description: Blue and white figurative tile panels, alluding to local themes, with shelled and floral motifs in yellow and purple. Toponymic tile panels with blue letters on white background. Plain brown tile panels. Created by Constância Factory, Leopoldo Battistini (1933).
Intervention: The conservation and restoration intervention focused on the material stabilization of the tiles, namely by lifting and removing soluble salts where evident and their re positioning, structural stabilization of the panels, bonding of fractures, correction of gaps and joints, adequacy of mortars and chromatic and pictorial integration.
Duration: 3 months
Team: 6 people